Tuesday 19 July 2011

my favourite things.......

Of late I have had plenty of spare time on my hands, and have got to thinking about my bucket list. I have never really thought about things that I really really want to do, until now that is.

I have not seen the movie and probably not really fussed on seeing it to be honest. Dunno why. Hearing people talk about their bucket list I become the cynic and think to myself 'but that is not only unrealistic it is nigh impossible unless your name is Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or George Clooney. I have what I think are realistic goals, some of them I have achieved. I don't want to dine with Barack Obama or ride in a hot air balloon with Sir Dick Virgin, they are for the incredibly lucky few, Here are some of the things on my list...

... I want to walk on a Mediterranean beach in the moonlight. .... For me you could not get a more romantic setting, a more intimate place I can't think of.

... I want to ride a motorcycle across Australia.

... I want to visit the Ducati museum and factory in Italy.... Troy Bayliss is one of my heroes, NOT Valentino Rossi, he is just a prat.

... I want to have a photograph published in something, magazine, pamphlet, anything.

... I want to see the sun rise over the pyramids

... I want to visit Gallipoli ... 2015 is the plan but I think it might be a bit later than that.

... I want to do the rim to rim walk at the Grand Canyon

... I want to own my own restaurant

Here are three things I have achieved to do from my bucket list.

... Ride a motorcycle at 300kph or more

... Sky diving

... Riding horseback in the ocean

OK so there you have it, I hear some of the comments along the lines of but they really aren't 'if money was no object' desires, for those of you who really know me you will know that I don't have outrageous dreams I am a simple guy and I have a simple bucket list.

One last thing I need to add to my list, and perhaps this is one of the things I'd particularly like to do... I would like to meet one Mark L Fendrick.. he has been a guy my wife has conversed with for many years and I first spoke with briefly when my family and I stayed at a little back water hotel called Caesars Palace in Vegas during August 2005. Since then I have been lucky enough to speak with Mark on a number of occasions and have developed a friendship I know will last..... So Mark you are on my bucket list!

Enough from me I have drivelled on long enough. How about you have you a bucket list and how are the things on it important to you?

4 comments:

  1. I have a bucket list, I'd like to go to Italy. I have cousins there. I'd like to meet them.

    I hope you achieve all or most of your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the opportunity to do a number of things on your bucket list ...

    "walk on a Mediterranean beach" ... but not in the moonlight - in the full light of day.

    "ride a motorcycle across Australia" ... well obviously not exactly, but I have driven across the US and Canada ... twice. Close?

    "the rim to rim walk at the Grand Canyon" ... well not at one time, but over a few years I have walked most of the rim. Again, close?

    "have a photograph published in something" ... I have, a number of times.

    And one that we share, but I know I will never have the guts to do ..."Sky diving". The closest I have come is parasailing. My son, on the other hand has ... and that is a story all its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list a number I wouldn't mind doing either but you can keep the skydiving! Maybe you can do the Ducati museum, Gallipoli and the Med all in one visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bucket list is mostly a list of places I want to start orphanages now. Orphanage/wildlife refuge in Sumatra, orphanage in Vietnam, orphanage in Tibet.. you get the picture. I don't think I have a list of anything I want for me other than get my book published - the profits from which will go to the orphans LOL

    ReplyDelete